Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I could just edit my previous post

But I need another log. Returning to what I had previously said, Dante's inclusion of Roman and Greek heroes subconsciously affected the people of the Middle Ages, which in turn allowed the Renaissance, or the Return.

It would go something like, Dante writes the Inferno. Gives it to his bishop. His bishop reads it and goes "Oh wow, this is a great book for my Cardinal to read". Gives it to his cardinal. The cardinal reacts the same way. By our modern age, millions of people have read Inferno thinking, oh man those greek and romans, they lived the life. And so they began living their lives. Very few people resist the desires of the body. After all it's in the human genome.

Which makes me think, Dante may have also led the Scientific Revolution. Get to that on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment